Here it is:
- Artist Scott Waddell ( www.scottwaddellfinearts.com ) touched base with me this weekend with exciting news about the painting he cast me as a whaler in. It is featured this month on the inside back cover advertisement of American Art Collector. Cavalier Galleries ( www.cavaliergalleries,com ) of Greenwich, CT have the painting as a part of their current show. The lady working there recognized me from the painting after a brief double take, and graciously allowed Shelley to take some pictures. From all reports, the painting is being very well received by the gallery's patrons. If I had 14 large, I'd pick it up myself, but for now I'm going to have to settle for a snapshot. See the attached file, if you're interested.
- I met my short story idol Howard Waldrop this weekend at Boskone; he's a soft-spoken living legend in short weird stories. He is writing the introduction to my friend (and collaborator) Josh Rountree's collection Can't Buy Me Faded Love which comes out in May from Wheatland Press ( www.wheatlandpress.com ), and you will hear more about that amazing book, I guarantee.
- FREE (which most of you know is my favorite four letter word) FICTION: None from me this time around, but check out cool stuff going on THROUGH THE END OF FEBRUARY at Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show ( http://www.intergalacticmedicin
- My poem "Goodwill" appeared this month in CHOPPER 2, a local poetry journal. They sold out fast, but I was able to snag a copy before they did. Anyone interested in the second printing should give a shout to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out details. I also recently sold a poem to the webzine Goblin Fruit ( http://www.goblinfruit.net ) for their Summer 2008 issue.
- On the fiction front, Frontier Cthulhu ( http://www.amazon.com/Frontier
- That's enough for now, thanks for reading!
PS Check out the up-to-the-minute updates on my writing at the recently revamped www.lonprater.com